"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 wheels!!

While doing the corn at Amanda and Ryan's house last Saturday the 3 grand kids were helping some and playing some. As the day wore on they played more than they helped but that's OK kids need to be kids right? Nicholas our oldest was riding his bicycle when one of his training wheels broke. He kept on riding with only 3 wheels and his Dad and I finally talked him into taking the other one off. He was scared at first but after just a few minutes was pedaling all over the place. He was so proud of himself. It was a special time for him and I was so happy to have witnessed it. Here he is a couple of weeks ago playing in the playground here at the KOA.




I remember when I first learned to ride a 2 wheeler so long ago. I was probably 6 or 7 years old and we were camping at Lieber State Park in west central Indiana. I was just like Nicholas and didn't want to stop once I figured it all out. My kids never seemed to like riding their bikes much but when I was growing up I rode a lot. My parents made me walk to school because they were afraid someone would steal my bike but when I went anywhere else I was riding. I had a paper route for several years and delivered papers while zipping and weaving through our neighborhood. I guess maybe this is where my love for motorcycling started. The best part is you don't have to pedal the Goldwing and the seat is a whole lot more comfortable :-)


Looks like the winch we need to fix the motorcycle lift is on it's way. The last update by UPS is it left Minnesota and arrived in Chicago early this afternoon. Looks like it may get here tomorrow :-) I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment