"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Work, Rinse, Repeat

 First let me apologize for the long time span between posts, as the title suggests we have fallen into a routine here in the Black Hills and I have been a little lazy "blog wise". 

The weather here has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. We have had more thunderstorms than usual for this time of year and the temperatures have been higher than normal with several days in the 90's. Our two air conditioners are working OT to keep up on those days.

My work is enjoyable and I like doing the bus tours. I get to meet and interact with many wonderful people. I only work 6 hours per day, 4 days per week but we are so busy with visitors that my days are non stop. 

Rudee is back in the gift shop but her main duties have been in shipping and receiving. Her days consist of fulfilling internet orders as well as inventorying incoming stock orders. She has been extremely busy as everyone seems to be in a "buying" mood, which is good.

I picked up my golf game right where I left off .....mediocre. LOL 


I play in two leagues here at our local course; Tuesday is Men's League and Thursday is Senior League. I have been improving some but my season goal has been to break 90 for 18 holes. I have been stuck in the low to mid 90's for quite awhile and just couldn't break that barrier into the 80's. Well yesterday I finally got it all together and carded an 88! I was a happy guy to say the least. Now the hard part, repeating it. LOL

We had a nice "work camper" pot luck over the 4th of July week end here in the campground. Rudee and I skipped the fireworks show that Custer puts on each year, we just can't stay up that late on a work night anymore. I guess our "party bone" has arthritis! LOL

The next big even here in the Black Hills is the 81st annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Judging by the number of people vacationing here this year this one looks like it will be a BIG ONE! There are a huge number of campgrounds and hotels in this area and all have been totally booked since Memorial Day. We have trouble just finding a place to park in downtown Custer let alone a restaurant without a long waiting list to get in. Our grocery store is packed all day everyday and the staff is working OT to keep things stocked on the shelves. It's good to see everyone starting to travel and enjoy themselves after last year but WOW there are a lot of people here! LOL

Next week marks our halfway point to fulfilling our seasonal work commitment here at Crazy Horse. The time has been going pretty quickly but we are looking forward to our travels again to visit family and friends. I'll keep you posted! :-)


5 comments:

  1. Miss Custer! Sure miss traveling in an RV, but getting other traveling in here and there. I see that Mike Rowe was on Crazy Horse filming an upcoming episode of Dirty Jobs. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you two are keeping yourselves busy! We are back now if you have time for a beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glad to hear you are having a nice summer!! Stay cool and good luck with your golf game!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŒ️‍♂️๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy is an understatement! This summer has been trying for sure pretty much 40+ work weeks for us. Thank heavens we get out and ride the trails in the wilderness on our days off it renews my soul for the next work week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves this summer. We will have to connect when we come through if you are still there in Sept.

    ReplyDelete