"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Monday, September 15, 2014

Oh no, I said a four letter word!

I mentioned in the last blog that things were starting to change some around here. I guess that was an understatement because look what we woke up to last Thursday morning.




The snow continued all day Thursday finally quitting just before dark. We ended up with a total of 10 inches of heavy wet snow. Thursday is our first day of our work week so it was dark by the time I got home and of course our roof mounted satellite dome receiver was covered in snow and would not receive a signal. We were able to watch some movies we had on the DVR and rather then listen to the motor run on the antenna (it was constantly adjusting trying to tune in a signal) I shut it off. This turned out to be a bad thing because now it is not working correctly. I called Dish Network and everything checks out OK on their equipment so they are saying it is a Wineguard issue. I can tune in one satellite but it will not switch to the other satellite that carries some of the channels we receive. This used to be totally automatic but now has become a giant pain in the you know what! I climbed up on the roof and took the lid off the dome, no loose connections but one of the two bundles of wires going into the dish is dry rotted and splitting. I could not see any bare wires exposed but feel like this may be my issue. I plan on calling Wineguard tomorrow and see if there is any trouble shooting I can do from here to make sure the wire harness is the issue.

Work is slowing down to a more predictable pace and several of our fellow work campers have left or are packing things up to leave. We are contracted through the 30th of September so only 2 more weeks of work for us. :-) I'll keep you posted

6 comments:

  1. Wow. This summer has flown by. Hopefully the snow will be gone by the time you leave. I will be leaving here in a little over a month. I am still using my A/C for a few hours in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty to look at in photos and in person, but I'm glad we're headed out of snow territory this Winter. Hope you get your satellite up and running again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is beautiful. Aren't you getting warmer weather again? I hope so so you don't have to drive out in snow.

    My mom and sister were supposed to travel to the Black Hills, but canceled their trip because of the snow. They would have left Oregon last Friday and had to drive through Yellowstone and Cody. They said they're in no big hurry, so will go next summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. temps have been slowly climbing again and all the snow has melted. Supposed to be back in the 70's for several days in a row! :-)

      Delete
  4. Won't be long and you'll be heading our way!! :) Hopefully our schedules aren't so perfectly opposite this year so we will be able to find a time for dinner out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. George is awaiting your arrival :) He said temps in Campbellsville have been cool enough in the morning to turn on the fireplace a bit :)

    ReplyDelete