"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stormy Weather

I guess I have some catching up to do since we were gone all week end.
We did have a small family get together Thursday after work. All of our kids and grand kids came over and we went swimming in the KOA pool. The water was a little on the cold side but the kids sure didn't mind it. They had a great time and we had to drag them out of the water to eat some pizza that we had delivered for supper. It was a nice evening that we plan to repeat soon.
Saturday morning we packed up our suitcase and hopped on the bike for a small trip to Laporte which is is the far northwestern part of Indiana near the Michigan state line. We were attending the wedding of our friend Tim Ranney's son. The ride up started out with overcast skies and it looked like we may get wet but the rains held off and the sun even peeked through occasionaly.
We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but I don't think it made me any smarter because I forgot that they were in the Central Time Zone and were an hour behind us. I guess being early isn't a bad thing but it didn't just end there. I had entered the address' for the church and the reception in the GPS the night before. I found out that the GPS is like a computer, if you put junk in you get junk out because I had neglected to realize that the church was in a neighboring town from the reception. Instead of being 5 minutes from our motel it was 25 minutes. Well needless to say when we followed the GPS to the residential area in Laporte we knew we were in trouble. Rudee realized my mistake and I reprogramed for the correct address and we made it to the church at 1:58 for a 2:00 wedding!

Rudee told me I need to put more photos in the blog and since you don't get many of me I thought I would "treat" you. Here is the "great mushroom hunter" in action.


The weather has been a real roller coaster here. Since Friday we have had storms develop every evening and some of them have been pretty severe. Sunday was no exception and we had to spend about 30 minutes under an overpass on our ride home. We stayed dry there and since we were only about 5 miles from home we let the rain lighten up and made a dash for the 5th wheel.

I guess we should have waited a few minutes longer since we ran into some heavier rain and got soaked! Oh well, just another routine day in the life of a motorcycle rider :-).

We are preparing for another week end outing. We are going to ride to Wooster Ohio to attend the GWRRA Ohio Rally. The rally starts on Friday but we will only attend on Saturday since we want to save what few days off we have left. We are looking forward to the ride and hoping that the weather cooperates. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment