"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Friday, July 23, 2010

not rolling yet

I mentioned in yesterdays post that we are slowly getting things ready to hit the road for a couple of weeks. This morning I woke up early, "Oh dark thirty" as Rudee likes to call it, and was running the pre-trip check list over in my head. I have been doing what I can to the outside of the rig while Rudee has been inside buttoning things up. There are just some things you can't do until it's time to go since you still have to live in your rig.
When you are parked for a while it seems like things get "spread out" even though there is only so much space inside our little home. We have been trying to get things back into their place but it seems like as soon as we put something away for travel we have to get it back out to use it again. Oh well, guess I'm just anxious to hit the road.
I was thinking back to the last time we moved and realized it was Memorial Day week end, almost 2 months ago, since we rolled the 5er out of the KOA!

We both have to work today. Rudee is getting off around 2pm and I am hoping to be able to get away shortly afterwards. I volunteered to do some computer work for my boss and spent all day yesterday getting the majority of it done. I figured I would rather work here at home than end up having to chase inspections down all over the state. My hope was to get everything done by noon Friday so we could finish packing up and sneak out of town :-). I don't want to jinx it but it's looking like it may work out, so far.
Ron and Terri Remley are our travel partners this trip. They have a very nice Raptor 5th wheel toy hauler that Ron has been doing some remodeling on. He is fixing up the garage area so it can be used as living space when they are parked. He was describing the changes he made and I am looking forward to seeing it in person.

Our goal for traveling today is only 200 miles or so. We have a campground picked out in Knoxville Illinois that is right off the interstate and has large enough pull through sites to accommodate us. Saturday will be the longest driving day when we will head for Mitchell South Dakota, about 550 miles. We should arrive in Custer Sunday afternoon in time to take a bike ride to dinner. :-)

Yesterday was our anniversary. Rudee and I have been married for 32 years. Wow, those years sure did fly by fast! We have been so busy working and getting things ready for our trip we didn't make any plans to celebrate. I guess our trip is our anniversary present this year, should be a great way to celebrate don't ya think? I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: