"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Monday, January 13, 2014

settling in

We have been getting comfortable here in Dade City. Our park is really nice, all the roads are paved, there is a nice pool (if it warms up enough to use it!), all of our neighbors have been super nice and there is a large club house where the park hosts events.



 They have clipboards hanging inside the club house where you can sign up for different events. I decided to sign up for a golf outing for this morning. Rudee dropped me off at the golf course and I was able to hook up with a couple of the other guys. Clyde and Lee were my partners and we all three hit it off right away. I was pretty nervous since I had not played a round of golf in 15 years! The practice I have been doing at the range paid off and I really didn't do too bad. I had a couple of "blow up" holes but I also had some really good holes to make up for it. I ended up shooting a 92 so that's not super embarrassing. Besides meeting two new friends the biggest highlights of my round was a 30' putt for par and I actually birdied a hole! The course was nice and the price was a bargain at $16.00 and that included the cart, sweet!

I sent Rudee a text when we were on the 17th hole and she pulled in to pick me up as I was leaving the 18th green, perfect timing. My phone rang as we were pulling out of the parking lot and Dale and Diana Beason were just arriving in the area from Indiana and wanted to meet. We gave them directions to Doc's Bar and Grille in Dade City and met up with them for lunch. They are on their way to Bradenton where they have a place rented for a few weeks in the sunshine. :-)
We had been wanting to try this restaurant since we arrived and we were not disappointed. Rudee and I shared a burger which was the "daily special" They also had draft beer at $1.00 per mug! Oh ya, good golf followed by good friends and cold beer, life is good! :-)

We are making plans to attend the Tampa RV Supershow on Thursday and Friday. The admission of $10 per person is good for two days so we decided to take our time and see it all. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are finally getting a chance to enjoy some sunshine and warmer weather (even if it's not pool weather yet!). :) Here in New Orleans it is supposed to be in the mid 50s to mid 60s, but at least we have sunshine.

    We are thinking of going to the Tampa show next year. We keep hearing about it but we have never been in Florida at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop by the Beet Harvest Booth (B413) and say hello :-)

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop by and see me at the Beet Harvest booth (B413)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy and I are going to the RV show today because it looks like the weather is going to turn cooler begining Thur

    ReplyDelete