"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Thankfully the last leg of our trip south passed uneventfully and we arrived at Grove Ridge RV Resort just before 4 pm Sunday afternoon. The office was closed but we already had our site number and instructions to check in Monday morning so we headed straight to our new home for the next month or two or maybe even three. :-)
This park is a mix of RV sites and permanent park models, the latter being mostly in the front of the park.  They have a nice large pool as well as a club house and laundry. Our site is grass with quite a bit of room on each side. We are able to park the bike trailer on one side of the rig and still have lots of patio room on the other. I'll get some photos posted of our layout soon.
The really good news was the temperature, it was in the lower 80's when we arrived! I even broke a sweat while setting the rig up!

Our week so far has been just getting settled in and comfortable. Our first venture out was to stop in and say "Hi" to my parents. Purple was my Mom's favorite color so we brought her some flowers as well.


Wednesday we were invited to Crystal River where we met with some old and new friends whom are all full time RVers. We had a nice lunch and some great conversation.


Afterwards we got a tour of Karen and Al's (Wish Upon an RV Star) new rig. Nice, nice nice!

We have been keeping busy getting things cleaned and organized after our mad dash out of the frozen North. The storage bays all looked like I just stood back and threw the stuff into them as I was packing up to leave which is pretty much what I did. :-)

Next week we are planning to attend the big RV show in Tampa. This is one of the largest shows in the nation and takes more then a day to see everything. We are both looking forward to it and, of course, I'll keep you posted.


3 comments:

  1. I must apologize. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself at Crackers. There were just too many new faces to see. The people sitting at your table were you and Rudee, Jonell and Dan Anderson, Donna and Ralph Haines and Kathy and Rick Rousseau. Maybe we'll get a chance to talk before you leave the area. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were pleasantly surprised to see you on Wednesday. George and I have followed your blog through all your adventures. Nice to meet you, and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish Judy and I could have made it. Maybe next time

    ReplyDelete