"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

catching up

The last several days have been a whirlwind and hopefully things will start to get back to "normal" soon.

Saturday morning I made a trip to Home Depot and bought several 8x10 sheets of foam board to use as skirting around the 5th wheel. Rudee and the rest of the "girls" took my Mom shopping for an outfit to wear tomorrow. When I got back I started measuring, trimming and installing my home made skirting panels. It was really cold and I had to stop several times to go inside so my hands could warm up. I got about 3/4 done and ran out of daylight so I will have to finish later in the week.

Sunday was my fathers memorial service. The family all arrived at 12:30 and everything was set to go. The folks at the mortuary really did a great job for us. The people started arriving at 1pm and there was a steady stream until well after 3pm. We got to visit with old friends and relatives we had not seen in a while. I really appreciate all of our friends coming to give us their support, it sure means a lot to Rudee and I.

After the services our whole family loaded up in our cars and went to Pizza Hut for dinner. My Mom and Dad ate here all the time before moving to Florida. We all sat at a long table and really enjoyed ourselves. My Mom did get a little confused and at one point asked"where is my husband at?". Broke my heart. Rudee explained that he had passed away and was in heaven, She said she remembered but it felt funny that he wasn't here. I guess we need to expect these things, I have even caught myself picking up the phone to call him and talk about the weather or something and I don't have the excuse of Alzheimer's.

Our son Matthew arrived Saturday and has been sleeping on our couch so Monday Amanda came over and we took them out for breakfast. Since we were not sure we would be seeing Matthew again until after Christmas we decided to surprise him with his gift. We had planned to buy him a new TV since his was on it's last leg and Amanda wanted a camcorder so we took them to Wal Mart and let them pick out the ones they wanted (within a certain budget of course!!). Matthew's girlfriend Mandie joined us after our shopping spree and we all headed for my Mom's where she was able to meet her as well as my sister and niece. We visited at my Mom's for awhile and finally headed back to the 5th wheel and ordered Pizza for supper.

Tuesday it was back to work for both of us. Monday morning we had about 1 1/2" of snow and there were wrecks everywhere so it looks like it's going to be a busy week for me.

Furnace Update. I caught up with the RV repairman Saturday morning and he actually showed up at the KOA to fix my furnace!! He took the blower casing off and found that the "sail switch" had been rubbing on the casing and sticking causing our intermittent problems. My tapping on the outside of it would cause the switch to be "unstuck" and then the furnace would work. He repositioned the switch and it has worked fine ever since. Maybe it's finally fixed!! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment