"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

busy week end

Wow I can't believe it's been almost a week since I blogged. Sorry about that.
We had a busy week end. We started out by taking Mandie and Matt out to eat to celebrate his new job and the end to his week of training. We met them at Red Lobster in Lafayette. We got there shortly after 5pm and still had to wait 40 minutes for a table! I guess everyone else had the same idea. We had a nice meal despite the wait. Matthew starts his regular shift Saturday night. They work 12 hour shifts, 3 days on then 2 days off then 2 days on and 3 days off. He will have every other weekend off and is really enjoying it so far.

Saturday morning I went out early to start my Dad's car since it has been sitting for at least a month. The car started just fine and I backed it out of the parking space to move it closer to the 5th wheel and let it finish warming up. I rolled the drivers side window down to clear off the snow and it wouldn't roll back up :-(. I could hear the motor running but the window wouldn't budge .... rats!! I got out the duct tape and garbage bags so I could cover it up to keep the rain out and parked it back in the spot again.
Rain? Did he say rain? Yep it got warm enough that it started raining Friday night and was still raining off and on Saturday. We headed for Indianapolis to the Boat Sport and Travel Show. We wanted to get an early start to try and beat the crowds since this is opening week end. I thought they opened at 9am so we timed it to get there about 9:30. Well you guessed it, they opened at 10am and we had to either stand in a long line that was wrapped around the building or stay in the car that was parked 1/4 mile away. Rudee decided we needed the exercise vs. standing in the rain and cold so we headed back to the car to wait for the doors to open :-).
We spent about 4 hours walking around the show spending most of our time in the vendor area and the RV section. We didn't see anything we wanted to trade for and our only big purchase was a bag of carmel corn. Here are some pics from the show.

We saw a couple of these 5th wheels that had two different color of cabinets. Why do they do that? Looks kind if strange to me.

Here is a different way to RV. This rig could get you into that private boondocking spot!

We left the show and drove to Amanda and Ryans house to pick up the grand kids for the night. We got them all loaded up and headed home. We stopped at the video store and picked up some kids movies so we could keep them entertained. We watched movies most of the evening and they all fell asleep around 9pm.
Sunday morning we were awakened by the sound of little feet ......... awwwwwwww. Actually we woke up to "Quit touching me"! "You're feet are in my face"! "Leave me alone"! :-)
I have come to the conclusion that I could not live fulltime in an RV if our kids were still small. I love my grand kids and love for them to come and visit us, it's also nice when they leave too.

A lot of the snow melted away this week end. We still have quite a bit here in the KOA but hopefully it will all melt off soon. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment