"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Planning ahead

Our son, Matthew, drove over Monday so he could sign his lease and get the keys to their apartment. He brought a whole car load of "stuff" and by the time we got off work and over to Lafayette he already had it unloaded and wanted to go eat. Their apartment is nice but is on the second floor so I'm not looking forward to moving them :-(.

Matthew had some errands to run Tuesday morning and then was heading back to Ohio for his last few shifts at work. I was up and out the door early. I had to drive to the office and be ready to take my test first thing. The snow they predicted had arrived overnight and the roads were covered. The plows had been out working and one lane of the interstate was fairly clear. I was able to drive between 45-50 most of the way in. The test I took was difficult. The majority of the questions were about how our estimating system works along with a lot of "integrity" type questions. They were all multiple choice but you really had to be careful to understand the question before answering. I took my time (we had 2 hours) and when I finished I went back and reviewed them all again. I was done in just over an hour. I'm not sure why but I always seem to be one of the first ones done when I take tests. Of the 50 questions there were about 10 that I felt uneasy about. We took the test on our laptops but once we submitted them we did not get a score or even a "pass/fail" grade. In fact they are not even telling us what score we would need to pass so I'm not sure when we will find out, if ever, what score we got.

The snow had quit by the time I left the office and the road crews had been busy and the major roads were pretty clear. I had a couple of inspections and made it back home around 3:00 to finish up my day doing paperwork. Rudee gets off at 4:00 and she made us a great dinner of crab legs, shrimp cocktail and a salad. We both love seafood!!

Niles called and said he had gotten his reservation for our vacation in July and told me to get off my @&# and make mine :-). I called and talked to the owner of Custers Gultch Campground and got our site set up. We are right next door Niles, don't say I didn't warn you!!

We have our usual dinner ride tonight which is just up the road from the KOA. Sweet. Friday we are heading to Columbus Ohio to help Matthew and Mandie move. We are spending the night Friday and hope to get it all done and have them into their new place by Saturday night. Looks like a busy week end. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that's it's possible to stay in a fifth wheel in Indiana in the winter! That may be in our future, too!

    ReplyDelete