Thursday, after not hearing anything from the gate guard company. I asked Rudee if she wanted to take a little ride and drop in on them. I wanted to get an update on any possible work and had put out some feelers with some of the other companies down here and didn't want to leave them hanging. We made the hour and half drive and found the office/storage yard where our supervisor has his office. We found him inside and got caught up with everything that has happened since we saw him last spring. He is a really nice guy and we like working for him, plus he is a native Hoosier too!
While we were talking he asked if we were ready for a gate? Well heck ya! Turns out one of the guards is taking a break so we are going to take over their gate on Saturday. Hooray, we are back to work and making some $$. I was starting to get a little worried there, it's been a long 2 weeks of waiting.
We packed up our motorhome this morning and moved to the company yard where they have some room for us to boondock and then tomorrow morning we will move to the gate. We are going to be near Big Wells, Texas and I'm not sure if we will be able to pull in an internet signal or not so my posts may become a little sporadic. Hopefully we can get a signal at the site once we get our booster set up so I can keep in contact with everyone.
Tomorrow will be our first day of work and moving day to the gate, well see how all that goes. I'll keep you posted.