"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year !!

Rudee and I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year and may you be blessed and have all your dreams come true in the coming year.

The weather warmed up some since my last entry. Wednesday and Thursday we saw highs in the lower to mid 30's and things started melting around here. I had a busy day at work Wednesday by mostly my own doing. I tried to get as much done as I could in hopes that Thursday would not be as hectic. We met our goldwing friends in Lebanon for the dinner ride (or in this case, drive LOL). We had about 25 of our group at Becka's Diner. The food was just OK but the company was top notch.
My plan for work turned out pretty well on Thursday and I had a light day and was back at the 5th wheel shortly after lunch. I wanted to get started putting on the new skirting since this was the last day with temperatures above 20* for several days ... YIKES, that is the high temperature!!

I started on the skirting around 3pm and Rudee came out and helped me when she got off at 4:00. I had it about half done and with her help we were able to finish it fairly quickly. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The vinyl came in a big roll with all the fasteners included. We ordered the 110' kit and have some left over. Here is a link to the company http://www.ezsnapdirect.com/RV-Skirting. They also sell window shades that will help keep your RV (or house) cool in the hotter climates. Here are some pictures of the rig all "dressed up" for winter.






Here is a photo of the fasteners:




The metal snap is a self tapping screw type. Once the snap is in place you put one of the black plastic "studs" onto the snap. The vinyl goes on next by puncturing the top edge of the panel onto the pointy end of the stud then you snap on the black cap that locks it into place. They work pretty slick but we did break a couple of the studs trying to push it through the vinyl. Our kit had 110 pieces of hardware so we had plenty of spares. I still need to fix it up a little better around our step but we started running out of daylight so will save that for another day.

Rudee and I didn't have any big party plans for New Years. We decided to go out to eat and then just have a quiet evening at home so that's what we did. We are looking forward to 2010 and completing our first full year as fulltime RVers. I wonder what changes are in store for us in the coming months? I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment