"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's cold all over.

I tend to spend a lot of time in the winter hunkered down just waiting on the spring thaw. During these times I catch up on reading others blogs and keep track of what is going on at various RV forums on the web. Pretty much every forum has at least one discussion about how cold the snow birds are. Florida has been setting record colds and it's not much warmer in Texas, two very popular winter destinations. I would probably be complaining too if I had the opportunity to spend the winter away from snow and ice only to find myself freezing next to a palm tree !!

One thing I find annoying though is these are some of the same people who, when responding to a question about cold weather RVing on the forums, post something to the effect of "your home has wheels, move it south". I guess they are trying to be funny but it strikes me more as bragging. "I'm retired and can move, you can't. Ha, Ha." I guess with the current weather there is some poetic justice in life after all :-).

The weatherman says we may get above the freezing mark next week so maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Rudee keeps reminding me that in 7 weeks it will be March and winter will be winding down!! She has always been the "glass is 1/2 full" part of this marriage :-)

Not much happening around here this week end. The Colts are not playing and I really don't care much about the other games. Nascar doesn't start until February. The RV show isn't going on yet, it starts next week end. I guess I get to be lazy!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!

We did go and visit my Mom yesterday. She couldn't find the remote control for her T.V. She kept saying someone must have come in and stolen it while she was in the hospital. I doubt if that happened, I figure she probably put it away some where or it got mixed into the trash and was thrown away. I'm learning to just roll with the punches when dealing with someone with Alzheimer's. Rudee and I made a trip to Wal Mart and got her a new remote and I programed it for her television. We'll see if this one stays around or not.

Today we will be finishing up the float for our Goldwing Chapter. The float looks really nice and I'll post some pictures of it soon. Only have 2 more weeks before we go to the rally in Indianapolis. We both are looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment