"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Monday, August 24, 2009

new winch?

Another Monday in the books. Rudee and I both have been slow at work. I didn't get any new assignments until just before noon. I only had to drive about 35 miles up the road and got 2 assignments done so the day wasn't a total waste. I have 3 scheduled so far for tomorrow.

Friday I decided to send the winch guy an email so all he had to do was hit reply and send me the tracking number for the new winch. I am trying to take away any more excuses he may come up with for him not sending it. Well I got a reply today with a UPS tracking number!! I checked it and of course the UPS billing info was sent just today (not last Wed. like he told me on the phone!!) which means it has not been shipped yet but at least it's a step in the right direction. This guy has really made things a lot harder than they need to be. The email says he wants me to call him after we are back up and running and he will send me a return UPS label for the old winch. Maybe I should make him jump through the same number of hoops I jumped through. I am hoping the package will arrive before Saturday so we can put it on and test it this week end.

Our neighbors who trailer burned are back. They had someone pull a small (and I mean SMALL) 5th wheel onto their site yesterday. They have been hauling van loads of stuff in all day. There are boxes and boxes of stuff stacked all over the place. I don't know how they are going to fit it all in. They have their dogs back as well. Sure was quiet here without them . These are not good camping dogs and howl at every little thing, very annoying.

I have to appear in court on Wednesday afternoon. I guess someone has filed a small claims case against my company and I wrote the estimate for his damages. I'm not sure what he is alleging but had not heard anything from him or his body shop since I wrote it back in February until a lawyer retained by us called me a couple of weeks ago saying I needed to appear. I really don't remember much about the car, they all tend to run together after you do a few hundred or so. I guess I'll find out Wednesday and I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment