"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/01

I'm sure you all, like me, remember that morning like it was yesterday. I remember just staring at the TV screen watching the first tower burn and the horror of the second tower being struck knowing that people were dying. I remember the helpless feeling I had and wanting to do something but knowing there was nothing I could do. I remember wanting to have my family close and know that they were safe beside me where I could protect them. That day effected us all and forever changed the way we live our lives. We need to remember those that died and the emotions we all went through and not let it happen again.

Rudee and I took a walk around the campground last evening and I realized I had not posted any photos of our neighborhood here at the KOA. I'll start with our home, site #4:



Here is the office and the pool.






We spotted this squirrel having a snack on one of the picnic tables.


Here is the playground area




and the view from our patio.





We found out yesterday we will be moving to a different site for the winter. Jamie, the manager, wants to leave the water on at only a few of the sites and she can isolate sites 21-24 while shutting off the rest of the campground. She understands that moving our phone line is a pain and we wanted to make the move a permanent one but she wants us back in either site 1-5 or 11-14 next spring. She says 21-24 are her most popular sites for the overnighters and wants to keep them open during the season. I understand her side of things and we explained our concerns and as a compromise she agreed to pay to have our phone line transferred between sites. I thought this was very nice of her. We move to site 21 on September 27th and will be there until she turns the rest of the water back on, probably mid April.

Rudee has been cooking a nice roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot. It smells great! We are heading on a "mystery ride" tomorrow with the motorcycle group. Bill and Jane Remley are leading and all we know about it is that we are leaving at 10:00 in the morning. Sounds like fun, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment