"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

and the week trudges on

back in the drudgery's (is that a word??) of the work week. Rudee has been fairly steady but not swamped with work, I on the other hand have been busy. The hail claims from last weeks storm are still coming in but are slowing down some (I hope!!). I have been working thru my lunch so I can stay on top of things and finally got to the point late today where I can say I'm caught up!!

We had some rain last night and this morning, no storms just some passing showers. We have had a pretty wet spring and I'm glad I don't have to mow the grass anymore :-)

We are making plans to go to the Strawberry Festival this week end here in Crawfordsville. We went last year with our son Matt and his g/f Mandie. They have lot's of craft booths and food vendors as well as a stage with entertainment throughout the day. Friday nights headliner is country music recording artists Confederate Railroad and then Saturday night they are having a Beatles tribute band. We are going to try and go both nights, it's free and should be a good time.

I had the sudden realization the other day that I turn 50 this year!! YIKES!! I had no problems with turning 30 or even 40 but 50 looks like it may be a hurdle. I'm not sure what it is, probably just a frame of mind, but 50's seem so old to me. I know there is nothing you can do but take it with grace and dignity but, yuck!! 50 ???

I bought 2 "new" pair of work pants last night. I have been shopping at the Goodwill for pants and shorts since my waist size has been changing so quickly. I have to wear docker style pants to work and am pretty hard on them so really didn't want to invest the $$ in new pairs I would either grow out of or wear out in the next couple of months. I got 2 nice pair for under $7.00. One of the rules we (and other fulltimers) follow is that when you bring in a new item you need to get rid of an item. This way you don't get overloaded with things you no longer use or wear. Saves on space and weight and we try our best not to "overstuff" the Montana.

We are looking forward to going to dinner with our goldwing friends tonight. We are heading to Linden Indiana to a small restaurant. The weather may clear up enough to allow us to ride. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment