"if you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room"

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

new car

Well my new company car finally arrived. I had filled out all the paperwork way back in February and after the papers went thru the normal twists and turns the car was ordered the first of April. I got to pick out the type of car and the color I wanted. My choices were a white 2009 Chevy Malibu or a 2009 Chevy Malibu that was white!! I was actually surprised when it turned out they delivered the correct car, color and all. I figured it would be a black Toyota knowing the way my company tends to do things. I got the call yesterday that it was in so made an appointment for 2pm today to pick it up. I got to the dealership right at the scheduled time and it only took about 10 minutes to do the paperwork and go over the car. Transferring all my stuff from the old car to the new one took me a lot longer! In order for me to work out of the car I have a small inverter that powers my printer that sits in the back seat and I can recharge my laptop from it as well. The car is pretty nice and has similar features as my old one. I get to use it as a personal vehicle and Rudee can drive it as well but they do take $$ out of my paycheck every week for having a company car but it still works out to be a pretty good deal.
We are getting settled back into the swing of things hear at our little spot of heaven at the KOA. Rudee talked me into getting the bikes off their rack and we rode a few laps around the campground. We are both in better shape than we were last year but my butt still doesn't fit on a bicycle seat very well!!
We had some more storms around this evening and could hear thunder pretty close but it didn't rain here. I guess we were lucky because I saw a news report that there was hail falling in Indianapolis.
Tomorrow is a big day for me but I wont spill the beans about it now, I'll write about it tomorrow and as always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment